I’ve now walked in hundreds of villages with and without access to clean drinking water. I’ve seen what it means for women to literally walk over five hours every single day to get water that makes their kids sick. I’ve seen children drinking from swamps, ponds, and rivers that you or I wouldn’t let our dogs drink from that are filled with leeches and disease.
– Scott Harrison, Founder Charity: Water
Quick Facts About the Global Water Shortage
- 748 million people worldwide have no access to clean water
- 30,000 deaths occur each week from unsafe water (90% are under 5 years old)
- 4,100 children die each day from water-related diseases
- People spend 40 billion hours walking for water in Africa alone
- 2.2 million deaths can be prevented annually by providing clean water
- 3.6% of diseases found worldwide can be prevented simply by improving water supply, sanitation, and hygiene
- 50% of all schools in the world lack access to clean water
- 13.2 gallons are needed to meet daily needs per person;
the average American uses 80 gallons of water daily
*statistics according to Charity: Water –
Dragonfly Effect Naturals works to educate about water shortage and to bring clean water to parts of the world that have no access to it. For every liquid product we sell, we give 1 person clean water for a year. Water is essential for overall health, well-being, and longevity. Learn more about the global water shortage, then purchase any of our liquid products and we’ll donate to bring one person water for a year.